Every journey involves leaving one place in order to get to some place new. Sometimes those journeys are undertaken with excitement, other times it is with dread that we begin a new journey. Some journeys are by choice, while other journeys are forced upon us. Sometimes they are journeys of choice, other times they are journeys with little choice.
Each one of us in on a spiritual journey. The time between Ash Wednesday and Palm Sunday has always been a time when Christians are encouraged to take an intentional journey of the spirit. This year during Lent, we will be looking at some potential spiritual journeyings that we might need to make.
Please join us for the fellowship of a meal and then a transformative journey this Lenten season.
- Feb 14 – Ash Wednesday
- [no dinner]
- 7:00 Lenten Service: “The Journey from Love of Self to the Love of Jesus” (Matthew 6: 1-6. 16-21)
- February 21 –
- 5:30 Lenten Meal: Sub sandwiches, baked beans, salads and desserts meal provided by The Worship & Finance Committees
- 7:00 Lenten Service: “The Journey from the Comfortable to the Uncomfortable” (Mark 1:9-15)
- February 28 –
- 5:30 Lenten Meal: Pizza, veggies and desserts served by Youth
- 7:00 Lenten Service: “The Journey from a Lack of Purpose toward a Mission” (Mark 8:31-38)
- March 7 –
- 5:30 Lenten Meal: TBD meal provided by The Nurture and SPRC Committees
- 7:00 Lenten Service: “The Journey from Running Away from God to Embracing God” (John 12:13-22)
- March 14 –
- 5:30 Lenten Meal: Pizza, veggies and desserts served provided by Youth & parents
- 7:00 Lenten Service: “The Journey Away from Darkness and Into Light” (John 3:14-21)
- March 21 –
- 5:30 Lenten Meal: Baked Potato Bar meal provided by Memorial & Missions Committees
- 7:00 Lenten Service: “The Journey from Death to Life” (John 12:20-33)